The official Income Tax Electronic Filing website has launched an online service to link the PAN Card to the Aadhar Card. It has become mandatory for every PAN Cardholder to link the Aadhar Card to the PAN Card. Since the PAN card is maintained by the NSDL and Income Tax, holders can go to https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ and check the status of their PAN card linkage.
Here are complete details on how to check Aadhar card link status.
Step 1 – Go to the Income Tax website
First of all, you need to visit the government portal for income tax in India. The website can be accessed at the following URL – https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home. When you visit the website, you will find multiple options related to online income tax services. Some of these online services are as follows –
- Instant PAN with new Aadhaar content
- Tax Calculator for FY 2021-21 New Content
- damaged link
- Electronic payment tax | challans
- e-Verify Return
- View Form 26AS (Tax Credit)
- Outstanding demand
- ITR . status
- Get to know your TAN | AO
- Check your PAN details
- tax calendar
- Check the status of sending the refund
Step 2 – Click on Link Aadhar option from Quick Links
In the Quick Links section, scroll to the third link from the list. You will find an option called “Link Aadhar” there. Click on the link and go to Aadhar card link page.
There, you will find a form to link your Aadhar card to your PAN card. Since you only want to check PAN Aadhar link status, you don’t need to fill out this form.
Instead, you need to locate the PAN card that links the Aadhar card to the status page from there. You’ll find the option at the top of the form on the page. Check the screenshot below to locate the status link.
Link to check PAN Aadhar link status
Step 3 – Go to the PAN Aadhar link status page
When you click on the link mentioned above, you will find a new form on the next page. The form is the Aadhar PAN which links the status query form. In this figure, there are two options.
- In the first option, you have to enter your PAN card number.
- In the second option, enter your Aadhaar card number.
Once you have filled out the form, you will have to click on the option “View Aadhaar Status Link”.
If you have entered wrong details by mistake then click on cancel button and reopen the form to check Aadhar PAN link status.
If you have not applied for linking a PAN Card to an Aadhar Card, then you can follow these steps –
- Go to the Income Tax website.
- From the quick links, click on the Link Aadhar option.
- On Aadhar Card Link page, fill in the form as said.
- Enter your PAN number in the first option.
- Enter your Aadhar number in the second option.
- Enter your name in the third option. Make sure the name is exactly as in Aadhaar.
- Click on the agreement option.
- Enter the captcha code as shown there.
- Now, select the OTP request option and click on Link Aadhar.
- You will get OTP on your mobile number associated with Aadhar.
- Enter the OTP and submit the request.
After a few minutes, you will receive a confirmation of your Aadhar PAN card link request. If you have not received the confirmation SMS, contact the NSDL for more details.
You can also check your Aadhar card status online through the UIDAI portal.