One of the things that a lot of people want to do when they get a new gadget is to customize it. You can change some basic things on your new laptop or desktop, like the background image, to choose something more special. You can also change the colors of the windows to your favorite colors or try dark mode.
But did you know you can go into more detail?
For example, changing the pointer?
If that’s what you want to do, this article has you covered.
How to change the pointer on a Chromebook
This section will walk you through changing the pointer on your Chromebook. Let’s say you don’t want to use the usual default cursor for your Chromebook. In this case, you have a lot of options to make it more interesting.
There are many ways Chromebook users can change the indicators, depending on how unique they are.
If you just want to change the cursor size or color, you can do it in a few simple steps through the settings. Those who want something more exciting will need a third-party app.
- Turn on your Chromebook and open a file System existing. If you are not sure how to do it, just go to the bottom right corner and tap on the time.
- When the system menu opens, select the gear icon at the top to open it Adjusts.
- You will see a menu on the left when you open the Settings window. Choose Accessibility. If you can’t find this tab, select File advanced To reveal a new listing below.
- Choose the second option – Manage Access Features Then choose from this list Mouse and touchpad.
- You will see different options related to the indicator here. Choose Show big mouse pointer to resize it. By default, it will be set to large when you click the toggle button, but you can make it medium or small using Adjust cursor size The option you will see below.
Other options enable you to highlight the pointer as it is moving and customize the options for clicking and dragging. Do you want to adjust pointer speed or change scroll directions? You can do all this inside a file Device and touchpad Settings, can be accessed from the file Settings Team.
Note that you can enable Accessibility shortcut in file System existing; You can skip some of these steps.
Third Party Applications
If you want to change more features of the indicator, you can download a Chrome extension that will enable you to do so. You will discover several options that work well on Chromebooks.
We recommend My Cursor or Custom Cursor since the indicator libraries are quite large, and you’ll actually find something you like. If you’re using Android or Linux apps, don’t be surprised if your cursor goes back to normal. These apps are not compatible with the Chrome extensions we mentioned.
How to change the cursor on Windows 10
The default indicator might be the most straightforward option, and most people still stick with it, but what if you want to try something different? Here’s how to change the pointer if you’re a Windows 10 user.
- Go to the taskbar and click on the Windows button in the lower left corner. You can also press the Windows key on your keyboard if you prefer.
- When a menu appears, scroll to Settings and tap to open it.
- In the settings window, you will see the hardware option; Click it.
- From the menu on the left, choose the mouse. You can also get to this step faster – when you open the Windows menu, start typing “the mouseAnd click on the first result on the left.
- Once in the mouse tab, choose Additional Mouse Options on the right.
- From the popup, choose the second tab, called Indications.
- under Schemeyou will see that it is the default option for Windows and under adjust or adaptyou will see a list of available indicators.
- You can also click browse If you want to add any 3rd party indicators you have downloaded. However, before doing this, you can choose from the many indicators that are already available in Windows due to clicking browse take you directly to Indications Folder.
- When you select a new indicator, tap Progressing and then yes to save the changes.
Know that you will be using the cursor on different backgrounds. Make sure it’s always visible and that it fits different resolutions.
Change color and size
If you just want to change the color or size of the pointer, follow the instructions below.
- Click or tap the Windows icon on your keyboard.
- write in “Ease of access. “
- Choose Mouse Settings from the results you get.
- From the menu on the left, choose pointer and pointer.
- Here you can customize the cursor size and color. Also, you can change its thickness so that it is more visible on any background.
How to Change Cursor on Mac
Mac users can also customize their cursors, although they may not have many options. If the standard pointer doesn’t match your preference, here’s what you need to do to make it better suit your needs and become more visible on your screen.
Keep in mind that the pointer options you’ll see vary depending on which version of macOS you’re running.
To access the indicator, follow the steps below.
- Click on apple existing.
- Choose System Preferences From there choose Accessibility.
- From the newly opened menu, choose Show.
- Choose pointer To see what features you can change.
- Move the slider to the side Cursor size To increase or decrease the size of the pointer.
- Check the box next to indicator color chart, or the Cursor fill color.
- A popup with a color wheel will appear. Select the new indicator color.
NB: If you are at risk of losing your cursor, be sure to check the box next to Shake the mouse pointer to locate. This will increase the size of the cursor and make it easier to find.
Mac makes it easy to change cursor size, outline color, and fill color. But, if you are running an older version of macOS, you may not see these options in Settings. If this is your problem, we have listed some options below to help you customize the indicator.
You may not be able to change the color of the indicator, but here’s something you can try. If you move the slider next to a file Contrast width, you can make it easier to find the cursor on the screen. Color varies from light to dark.
You can enable Locate Selection. If you can’t find the cursor on the screen, this feature allows you to move your finger on the touchpad or quickly move the mouse (or simply shake it) to make the cursor larger for a few seconds. This makes it easy to find.
Suppose you want the pointer to be permanently larger. In this case, you can go to the second option and drag the slider to make the pointer larger or smaller.
Depending on which version of Mac OS your computer is running, the steps may differ slightly. You may need to click Public access instead of Accessibility. However, the icon will be in the same place within the System Preferences panel.
change cursor in linux
And what if your Dell is running Linux? Here’s how to change the pointer in this case, although you can just choose a different size.
- Go to the Ubuntu Dash, go to the upper right corner of your screen, and select the down arrow. Then click Settings.
- When Settings The window opens, choose Everyone’s arrival from the menu on the left.
- In the Vision column, you will see a file Cursor size Selection.
- Click it to open the five different sizes and choose the ones you want. Note that the smaller size is also the default.
Where to download the new indicators
Are you unhappy with the options available on your computer? As mentioned earlier, you can use a third-party app or extension to download and install new and exciting indicators on your computer.
Whatever library you choose to download from, these pointers will usually come in theme packages. There may also be a chart available. Both methods are very simple.
If you download a theme pack, it will be applied automatically after you download and double-click the file. This is because these packages usually contain an installer file, which makes them easy to use.
If you download a chart, it may require a few extra clicks. After the download is finished, you have to open the folder and locate the .inf file. When you find it, right-click on it and wait for a drop-down menu to appear. From there, choose Install. Next, follow the steps in the Windows 10 section.
When you open the indicators, you will see the newly downloaded package in the dropdown menu under the chart.
If you are not sure which indicator libraries to visit, we recommend opening the Cursors 4 U library, where you can find all kinds of indicator sets. Also, if you are using Chrome, you can install the Custom Cursor extension to discover new themes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Customizing the cursor is a little thing that can make work more fun. If you still have questions, keep reading.
Can I make my own indicators?
definitely! There are third-party websites and services that allow you to create your own indicators. The only problem you might encounter is loading and using those pointers. For example, Mac users will need to choose from the available options because there is no option to load a custom cursor.
Enjoy new indicators
Whatever computer you have, you can quickly change the cursor size or contrast to make it easier to select on the screen.
And if you want more than that, no problem. There is no need to stick to the same old pointers if you want something a bit more modern or more tailored to your personality. You can choose almost any theme you want as there are ticker libraries with all kinds of cursor packages: cartoons, seasons, celebrities, sports, food and more.
Are you setting up a computer for your child? We’re sure they’ll love Frozen or Toy Story. Do you want to have a stylish looking pointer that fits your professional Mac wallpaper? You will find something suitable in these libraries.
Have you already tried to change the indicator settings? Do you have any exciting ideas to share? Tell us about it in the comments section below.