Windows 11 offers various security features that help you to protect your PC, one of these features is Dynamic Lock which iswill automatically lock the device when you move away. However, that does not mean that this feature is not free from problems and if you continue to have problems with this feature, tips from WinPoin this time are expected to help you:
1. Check the Dynamic Lock settings
The first thing you need to do is check and make sure that the features Dynamic Lock already activated. To confirm this, please go to:
- Settings > Account > Sign-in options
- Scroll down until you find the Dynamic lock option and click on it
- Next, don’t forget to check the box “Allow Windows to automatically lock your device when you’re away”
2. Disconnect & Connect Bluetooth Devices
Bluetooth connectivity issues with the wireless device that you are using is one of the problems that can make the feature Dynamic Lock not working properly. To solve this problem you can try to disconnect the bluetooth between your PC and your wireless device then pair it again.
3. Update or Reinstall Bluetooth Driver
The Bluetooth driver on your PC is a bridge between your Windows PC and the wireless device you are using. If the driver is experiencing problems, then it can damage the Bluetooth connectivity of your PC and cause problems like Dynamic Lock. Therefore, to solve this problem you can try updating the Bluetooth driver or reinstalling the driver.
- In the search box when Device Manager
- Find the installed bluetooth driver
- Right click then you just choose to update or uninstall
4. Update Registry Editor
If features Dynamic Lock it still doesn’t work after doing the methods above, most likely the feature is disabled and you can activate it using the Registry Editor. However, before you proceed with this, make sure you have backed up the registry settings first, so that when a problem occurs you can return to the previous registry.
- Press Windows key + S to open Windows Search and type registry editor in the search box and don’t forget to run it as administrator.
- Select Yes when the User Account Control prompt appears.
- In the Registry Editor window, type the address below to take you to the Winlogon key.
- Double-click on the EnableGoodbye entry on the right, and set the Value data to 1.
- Then, press OK to continue.
- Restart your PC to apply the changes and double check whether you are now able to use the Dynamic Lock feature or not.
Those are 4 tips from WinPoin to solve Dynamic Lock problems in Windows 11, hopefully they can help you all. ️