How to Unlock Vivo Bootloader – Unlock bootloader (UBL) is an easy thing for every Android user like Vivo, but not for other Android phones, some phones don’t support directly unlocking bootloader via fastboot.
Android vendors like Huawei, LG, HTC, Motorola, Sony don’t support unlocking the bootloader directly, you have to request the unlock code through their official website then you can unlock it.
But still, Vivo did not launch the official site of unlocking bootloader but there is an unofficial free method.
Xda-developer forum member posted a free Vivo bootloader unlock guide via fastboot method, I will show you how to do Vivo UBL.
Also read How to Unlock Oppo Bootloader Without PC
Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader Vivo
After unlocking the bootloader, you can install TWRP Recovery, Root, Install custom ROM, and customize the device.
Also, you can unmount the device by flashing boot.img, system.img, recovery.img, userdata.img. You can flash the full ROM after unlocking the bootloader.
There are also certain downsides, like your phone being a little less protected.
If you are not careful, then there is a possibility that hackers can damage your phone by installing malicious programs.
Some programs that are usually from banks also limit part of the program’s functionality on unlocked devices.
Also read How to hack a Vivo HP pattern
Download the vivo UBL or vivo bootloader unlock tool which we have provided below.
- Before starting the bootloader unlock process, do a complete backup of your device including Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery files, Internal Storage Files.
- Sufficient battery power or better full.
- Install Vivo ADB-FASTBOOT drivers.
- Install Qualcomm EDL Drivers “QDLoader_HS_USB_Driver.7z”
- Activate Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- download Vivo fastboot “vivo_fastboot.zip”
- Vivo EDL unlock tool to unlock bootloader via EDL “BLUnlocker_v1.zip”
How to Unlock Vivo Phone Bootloader via Fastboot Method
1. First, enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
2. Download and unzip Vivo fastboot.
3. Connect your device to PC and open the folder Vivo fastbootwhich you have downloaded.
4. Now open the command prompt by heading to the folder ADB & fastboot with hold Shift + Right Mouse Click and type the commands one by one.
bootloader reboot adb
This command will reboot your device into fastboot mode, or you can do it manually by holding down the button volume down + power simultaneously.
5. Use this command to unlock Vivo bootloader.
fastboot bbk unlock_vivo
or (for new phones).
fastboot bbk vivo_bsp unlock_vivo
6. Press the volume up or down button on your phone to confirm unlock using fastboot bbk lock_vivo to re-lock the bootloader.
Unlock Vivo Phone Bootloader EDL Method
This method can make your device unstable if it doesn’t match the firmware, so first backup your data and download the stock firmware and start the process.
1. First, read Prerequisites and activate Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
2. Download and unzip Unlock Vivo EDL and proceed to the next step.
3. Download stock firmware and extract files prog_emmc_firehose _ ****. Mbn from the firmware.
4. Copy files prog_emmc_firehose _ ****. Mbn to folder BLUnlocker_v1.
5. Turn off your phone and hold volume up + volume down and connect USB at the same time.
6. Open device settings and note Qualcomm EDL ports.
7. Run”dump_devinfo.bat” and type the port number and hit enter. Edit devinfo.img use Hex Editor HxD.
8. Run”unlock.bat” to unlock Vivo Phone bootloader.
How to Check Vivo Bootloader Status?
To make sure that your Vivo phone’s bootloader has been successfully unlocked, you can check it using AdbDriver.
1. First, download and install AdbDriver and connect the phone to the pc.
2. Activate USB Debugging and turn off your Vivo smartphone.
3. Enter fastboot mode by pressing power + volume down/up simultaneously.
4. Go to folder adb and run the command prompt by using the key damn + right click.
5. Enter the command fastboot oem device info and enter. When it appears Device unlocked: true means that your phone’s bootloader is already unlocked.
Also read How to Overcome Xiaomi Bootloop Without PC
So that’s how to easily unlock the Vivo bootloader that you can try. Make sure to follow the steps above correctly so that the process runs well.
For a tutorial on how to unlock the vivo bootloader without a PC, it will be more complicated, but we will try and share an article when we have found how to unlock the Vivo bootloader without a PC.